ESCOs: A Way to Better Coordinate Patient Health CareThe Philadelphia-Camden Integrated Kidney Care ESCO is an ESRD Seamless Care Organization (ESCO) in the Medicare Comprehensive ESRD Care model. An ESCO is a group of dialysis facilities, nephrologists, and other health care providers working together with Medicare to coordinate and improve the quality of care for patients.
The goal of an ESCO is for dialysis facilities, nephrologists, and other health care providers to communicate closely with other health care providers, so they can deliver high-quality care that meet the individual needs and preferences of the patient
We're Working to Improve Patient Care
Philadelphia-Camden Integrated Kidney Care ESCO Benefits
Patients, physicians and payors all benefit from ESCO’s integrated care management approach:
- A specially trained nurse working with the Philadelphia-Camden Integrated Kidney Care ESCO member, family, dialysis team, doctors and care partners
- Coordinated support both inside and outside of the dialysis center to help the member better understand and manage their ESRD.
- Nursing team available 24 hours a day/7 days a week at no additional charge to members.
- Patients have the right to use any dialysis facility, provider or hospital that accepts Medicare, at any time.
- Medicare benefits will not change. An ESCO is not a Medicare Advantage plan, a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan, or an insurance plan of any kind.